Our current contributors do not advocate a specific diet. Instead, we advocate small changes to improve overall health.
A healthy diet contributes greatly to aging better. The secret of aging well is to eat those things that nourish us while enhancing our body’s ability to fight illness and repair itself.
Foods that our bloggers eat regularly to keep aging gracefully include:
- Adequate protein that accounts for between 10% and 35% of your caloric intake
- Peanut Butter – 1 serving of 2 tablespoons
- Bright colored fruit & veggies every day
- Eggs – 3 or 4 times a week, using eggs that do not contain as much cholesterol. Eggs are often called, “Nature’s Multi-vitamin”
- Parsley tea to clean out the liver every couple of months
- Fatty foods that are good for you, like avocado, fatty fish, olive oil, nut butters, like peanut butter, and eggs
- Eat good calories within the ranges for your age, size, gender, etc.
Two Drinks Per Day After Age 45
Two glasses of wine per day bring enormous health benefits in the battle to age gracefully.
We avoid excessive amounts of these types of foods:
- Fried foods
- White breads
- Processed foods loaded with chemicals
- Soda entirely
There are many diets out there. Pick one that satisfies your goals.